"Reading Suggestions" - fact sheets that may help your tree identification
There are additional articles that dive deep into the details of dendrology...the study of trees. These fact sheets consider some common tree groups and how to tell them apart.
- What do I focus on when I'm trying to ID a tree?
- The needles of all pines are in clusters. Learn how to count needles to differentiate the pines.
- There are two common walnuts, but one is becoming less common.
- From a tiny acorn grew the mighty oak, but is it a red oak or a white oak?
- How can I tell how fast a tree grew last year, or the year before?
Tree Features Useful for ID.pdf